With the advancement of a global network, countries are connected to each other both culturally and literally. Now a movie can be watched in the cinemas at the same day in everywhere around the world. This creates a celebrity culture that connects countries and Madame Tussaud Museum is nourished by this.
The museum is a wax museum from London. After it got famous, the museum opened smaller other museums in some of the major cities of the world. As the founder was a wax sculptor whose name was Marie Tussaud, the museum is named after the founder. Originally, it was called Madame Tussaud’s but the apostrophe is no longer in use.
Now a major tourist attraction in London, the museum owns thousands of exact copies of celebrities. The resemblance between a real person and that person’s wax sculpture is so good that the sculptures look uncannily similar. The museum also puts effort to choose the best outfit that represents the celebrity whose wax sculpture is made.
The museum contains wax sculptures of popular celebrities from Selena Gomez to Lady Gaga. The sculptures are not limited to popular music figures as the sculpture of the royal family of United Kingdom is also shown in the museum.
Visitors enjoy the visit as the sculptures look very similar to the real person. As an ordinary person cannot possible take a selfie with a celebrity, the museum offers a great opportunity to take those selfies with billionaire celebrities and show off. A visit to the museum also offers a great chance to see the celebrities closely and see how tall or mostly short they are in real life.
Now a famous brand worldwide, it is also a great honor for a celebrity to have a wax sculpture in the museum. What can be a better symbol for worldwide fame than a wax sculpture?
Outfit: A set of clothes
Fame: Being famous
According to the first part of the passage, what can be said about the name of the museum?
- The name of the museum means “museum” in French
- The name comes from the name of the city the museum was established in
- The name was originally “Mister Tussaud’s” and got changed later
- The name comes from the founder of the museum, Marie Tussaud
Which of the following statements can be said about the museum?
- The museum was originally called Madame Tussaud’s
- The museum first opened in Shanghai, China
- The museum contains wax sculptures of ordinary people
- The museum cannot be visited by anyone, it is not open to public yet
What does it mean for a celebrity to have a wax sculpture in Madame Tussauds?
- It means the celebrity have passed away
- It means an honor showing the fame of the celebrity
- It means that the celebrity is from England
- It means that they are a member of English royal family
(4) The name comes from the founder of the museum, Marie Tussaud
(1) The museum was originally called Madame Tussaud’s
(2) It means an honor showing the fame of the celebrity